When mentioning weight loss, many people immediately think about strict diet plans or exhausting physical exercise. While they contribute to losing weight effectively, a healthy state of mind really matters. You can try changing your nutrition plan or cycling every day but when you get tired, stressed, or heart-broken, you can easily forget your resolution and get back to eating lots of unhealthy food. For a really successful weight loss program with long-lasting effect, you should consider using essential oils for weight loss. If you are wondering why and how you should use them, here are the most basic things you need to know:
Why Essential Oils Can Help With Weight Loss?
If you ever heard about aromatherapy before, you will know that essential oils bring about many great benefits. They are used frequently for therapeutic purposes by improving the user’s mental, physical and emotional states.
It is true that just using the essential oils is not enough. After all, there is no panacea for weight loss. But when combined with the right diet plan and exercise schedule, essential oils can help increase the users’ metabolism and mood so that they will not get back to eating out of control anytime soon. They help relieve people of pain, stress, and anxiety very effectively.
Some commonly used essential oils are:
- Grapefruit: Nootkatone found in the grapefruit essential oil is believed to help control the body’s energy levels and metabolic rate.
- Lemon: Lemon essential oil is perfect as a mood booster and pain reliever.
- Peppermint: If you look for a type of essential oil to ease indigestion and help muscle relax, this is the one to go for.
- Cinnamon: This essential oil is proven to improve the rate of peppermint oil. It also has positive impacts on insulin sensitivity for the brain’s function.
- Bergamot: You can rely on bergamot essential oil to fight anxiety and depression. That way, you can effectively avoid emotional eating.
Different Methods For Using Essential Oils For Weight Loss
To put the concentrated forms of essential oil to use, it is best to dilute them to a proper ratio so that there will not be harmful effects on the skin. The dilution ratio and the quantity for using depend on many factors like the user’s health status and usage purpose. Take a look at some common ways to use essential oils as below:
Through inhalation of essential oils, positive signals will be sent directly to the brain. There are various appliances for diffusing essential oils like burners, diffusers, and vaporizer. The size of the room where you place the appliance, the type of appliance you choose, your age…such factors can all affect how many drops of essential oils should be used.
How about adding several drops of essential oils to your bath. They can help you have soft, beautiful skin, relieve your mind, and reduce your body’s fatty cell at the same time. Your skin type will be a factor to consider in deciding the quantity to be used.
Now this is one method of direct application. The benefits of message have long been proven by scientist; when you combined this therapy with aromatherapy, your body’s metabolism rate and mental state can both be improved.
In addition, you will that see essential oils are used in various homemade lotions and creams.
Some Safety Notes
Despites many benefits they can bring, essential oils for weight loss should be used with care.
- People with sensitive skin should test out to see if there are negative reactions or allergies before using a certain type of essential oil.
- Health condition is a big factor to consider. Those with cardiac issues should be careful on the type of essential oil to use. For example: they should stay away from peppermint essential oil.
- As people get older, the dilution rate should be lowered accordingly.
- Be aware of the side-effects: for example certain oils can cause the users to lose focus, which can affect their work.
Author Note: Everyone wishes to stay fit and healthy, even if it means having to shed some pounds (or in certain cases, a lot of pounds). But losing weight is difficult and many people give up midway because they cannot keep up with the strict diet plan and exercise schedule. When not done in a proper way, there can be various problems related to weight loss. Many people simply do not understand that weight loss is much more complicated than just eating less food. As someone who struggled with weight loss for years before he succeeded, David Miller has lot of useful knowledge he would love to share with everyone. While he does not claim to be an expert about weight loss, David truly understands the difficulties involved with it and offer tried-and-true tips for anyone who looks to stay in good shape.